Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Some More Plants

The first round of plants did well. Two are still out there and they are surviving. My only disappointment is that no one is sending pictures of the adopted plants. I wish that part of the project worked better, but of course it is out of my hands. I guess I just need to let the plants go and hope that they are well.


I saw this bike a few days ago and I liked its lines and its color.


It is a Lotus which were made in the 80's. People collect them and rebuild them. It is surprising to see a bicycle like that abandoned.


Even stripped bare with its remaining wheel bent, it has a quiet grace.


Then I went to one of the many bicycle cemeteries. Usually the abandoned bicycles congregate on the bike racks. This cemetery is around the tree pit barriers, the carcasses sprawl around the sidewalk.


There were no rare treasures here, just the usual Schwinns and off brand mountain bikes.




This poor bicycle clearly had a rough life. Its frame had been taped over and the tape was fraying. Maybe it had been stolen, only to be left on the sidewalk, its chain fallen and rusted.


In spite of this, I thought it looked rather jaunty with its blue paint peeking through the shredding tape and its red lock.


No comments:

Post a Comment