Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Not Quite Guerilla Gardening


My friend Randall runs the Figureworks gallery in Williamsburg. When I told him about my seed project. He asked me to plant some seeds around the tree in front of his gallery.
 

The soil is rather compacted around the tree, which gave me a chance to try out my new aerator sandals. I realize I should have photographed the sandal from the side, to show the aerating nails. I was caught up in the heat of the gardening moment.
 

Here the young son, Julien, is putting the sandal to work. One is supposed to strap the sandals on and walk around, but this soil was too compacted. We had to stamp the nails in.

While it was not the usual clandestine sowing of seeds, the neighbor did come out and demand we explain what we were doing. She softened up when we did and offered to sprinkle pepper to keep the dogs away.

No comments:

Post a Comment